– Herbert has increased federal encroachment by increasing Utah’s financial dependence on Washington from $2.5 billion to $3.8 billion a year.
– He has raised property tax, fuel tax, sales tax and tobacco tax and is working through the National Governor’s Association to collect an internet tax on everything purchased.
– He has consistently stopped or vetoed Constitutional Carry and even proposed a background check for BB guns on Utah.
– He is the only Republican governor to welcome Syrian refugees into his state and President Obama has enlisted Herbert’s aid in convincing other governors to follow suit.
– In the past six years, he has talked the talk about securing a transfer of our public land but has done nothing meaningful. Incredibly, he supported a new national monument in Utah until public outrage changed his mind.
– He takes credit for Utah’s economy. Instead, he should be thanking us for our hard work, efforts and success.
I could go on, but you get the drift. A vote for Herbert would be a vote for more taxes, bigger government, more federal intrusion, more government control, and less freedom. Our Constitution has been progressively ignored by all levels of state government. Our Governor leads the pack.
Jonathan Johnson is a good and humble man. He is genuine in his concern for our lives and he wants to serve. This election is not about how we can fix our problems. It is about WHO can fix our problems. Our problems cannot be fixed by establishment politicians who campaign to fix the problems they created. Would a person with any common sense appoint a crack addict to oversee his own rehabilitation?
Our state badly needs someone who understands leadership. Johnson has a proven and positive record as a business leader. He is a leader with real conservative principles… the kind of principles most of us share. He has the ability and character to present practical and efficient solutions to the difficult problems we face. And, he will do so without compromising his principles, or ours. I encourage you to not settle for the status quo. Reach a little higher and consider another option.
For more info on Jonathan Johnson’s campaign, you can visit his website or Facebook page.
Utah Standard News depends on the support of readers like you.
Good Journalism requires time, expertise, passion and money. We know you appreciate the coverage here. Please help us to continue as an alternative news website by becoming a subscriber or making a donation. To learn more about our subscription options or make a donation, click here.
To Advertise on UtahStandardNews.com, please contact us at: email@example.com.